Traditionally, chrism (blessing of oils) and renewal of ministry commitment liturgies occur during Holy Week. In practice for some years, the bishop of the Indiana-Kentucky Synod has offered these liturgies in the season of Lent. In 2020, we will offer six liturgies, five during Lent and one on Holy Tuesday.
Unless otherwise noted, each morning will begin with gathering fellowship at 9:30 a.m., worship at 10:00 a.m., conversation with the bishop and each other following worship, concluding with lunch, either on site or at a local restaurant. While the primary focus of the morning will be on rostered ministers (pastors and deacons), all are welcome to participate. All times are local. Please click here to register for the date and location of your choice. Please click here for an interactive map of the locations where the liturgies will take place.
- Tuesday, March 3: Messiah, Fort Wayne IN
- Thursday, March 12: St. Paul, Vincennes IN
- Tuesday, March 17: St. Paul-Crossroads, Batesville IN
- Tuesday, March 31: Bethlehem, Indianapolis IN
- Thursday, April 2: St. John, Louisville KY
- Tuesday, April 7: Augsburg, Porter, IN (Central Time Zone)