Lasts 12 days
- White is the color of the day throughout the season, except for December 26 when the color is red for the Feast of St Stephen, and December 28, the Feast of The Holy Innocents for which the color is also red.
- Use Kyrie and a Hymn of Praise.
- Nicene Creed is the appointed creed for these festive days.
- Eucharistic Prayers XI and III are appropriate during this season
Invitation to Communion:
Jesus Christ is the true bread which comes down from heaven, Emmanuel – God with us.
Lord, give us this bread always.
- Post-communion song — “Lord, now you let your servant go in peace.” It is the song Simeon sang after holding the infant Jesus.