- The First Sunday in Advent traditionally focuses on the return of Jesus in glory. The Gospel and second reading focus on this theme.
- The Second and Third Sundays focus on John the Baptist, who was sent to prepare God’s people for the coming of the Anointed One by calling them to repentance.
- The Fourth Sunday focuses on the birth and the family of Jesus.
- The Nicene Creed is the suggested creed for use during Advent.
- The response after each bid of the intercessions might be:
Let us pray to the Lord:
Come, Lord Jesus.