June 9 – 11, 2022
Horizon Convention Center, Muncie, Indiana
The Grace in Which We Live
The 35th Annual Assembly of the Indiana-Kentucky Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America will be held Thursday, June 9, through Saturday, June 11, 2022, in Delaware Hall of the Horizon Convention Center, Muncie, Indiana. Check-in/registration opens at 11:00 am Eastern/10:00 am Central on Thursday, June 9, 2022, with the Opening of the Assembly beginning at 1:00 pm Eastern/Noon Central.
Bulletin of Reports: https://iksynod.org/2022bor/
Assembly Location and Registration Information
Horizon Convention Center, 401 South High Street, Muncie, IN 47305. There are hotel rooms with group rates available at a variety of area hotels. Please see the registration page at http://bit.ly/2022ikassembly.
Assembly Registration Fees
The registration fee is $185 (which includes the dinner on Thursday, lunch and dinner on Friday, refreshment breaks, and all materials) per voting member or registered visitor. Registration fees increase to $210 after the early bird registration deadline, Friday, March 25, 2022.
Retired professional leaders on the roster of this synod pay a reduced fee of $95 to attend the assembly. Registration for retired rostered ministers increases to $110 after Friday, March 25, 2022.
Fees for interim pastors are to be paid by the congregation(s) being served.
Registration for the Indiana-Kentucky Synod Assembly is now open. Please register online at http://bit.ly/2022ikassembly. You also will find a link to the assembly registration at www.iksynod.org. Assembly registration will close on May 6, 2020. If you need assistance to register, please call Pastor Dan Fugate at 317.253.3522.
After May 15, only on-site registration will be available. The fee will be $250 per registrant ($125 for retired rostered leaders). Meals may not be guaranteed with on-site registration, but will be available on a “first-come, first-served” basis as we receive cancellations.
You will need to make your hotel reservations in addition to and separately from your Synod Assembly registration. Hotel options and pricing are below.
The Courtyard by Marriott Muncie at Horizon Convention Center is the hotel closest to the Convention Center and is located across the street. There is free parking at the hotel.
- Address: 601 South High Street, Muncie, IN 47305
- Phone Number: 765.287.8550
- Group rate: $129 plus tax. Please note that breakfast is not included at this hotel.
- Reservation Instructions: The hotel advises that the best way to reserve your room at the discounted rate is to use the following link: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1623937496297&key=GRP&app=resvlink. You may also call the hotel and ask for the Indiana-Kentucky Synod Assembly group rate when you make your reservation.
- Discounted rate reservation deadline: May 10, 2022
Fairfield Inn by Marriott is located 4 miles from the Horizon Convention Center. There is free parking at the hotel and at the Horizon Convention Center.
- Address: 4011 West Bethel Avenue, Muncie, IN 47304
- Phone Number: 765.282.6666
- Group rate: $129 plus tax for a room with two queen beds and $139 for a room with a queen bed. This includes a free hot breakfast served daily.
- Reservation Instructions: Call the hotel directly at 765.282.6666 and ask for the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America rate. (we know it should be (we know it should be “in America”!)
- Discounted rate reservation deadline: May 7, 2022
Hampton Inn is located 4 miles from the Horizon Convention Center. There is free parking at the hotel and at the Horizon Convention Center.
- Address: 4220 West Bethel Avenue, Muncie, IN 47304
- Phone Number: 765.288.8500
- Group rate: $139 plus tax. This includes a free hot breakfast offered daily, high-speed and wireless internet access, and the option to earn HHonors points.
- Reservation Instructions: Use this link to book with the hotel: https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/deeplink/?ctyhocn=MIEINHX&groupCode=CHHIKS&arrivaldate=2022-06-09&departuredate=2022-06-12&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT or call the hotel and ask for the Indiana-Kentucky Synod ELCA rate.
- Discounted rate reservation deadline: May 6, 2022
COVID-19 Protocols for Synod Assembly
Please review our COVID-19 Protocols for Synod Assembly
For a copy of the Call to Assembly go to: www.iksynod.org/2022calltoassembly